Friday, April 29, 2011

Home again!!!!

Well, we brought Brooklyn home from the hospital on Wednesday after she was born...so the 20th? Anyways, against drs recommendations because he billi was at 11...but that is NOTHING compared to the other kids... so we begged and pleaded and used our parental rights to veto the dr and get discharged... We promised we'd go to our ped the next day and get a blood draw... so we did. They never called to tell us the results. So, we just went on.... then, my feet refused to stop swelling, so Svend made me see the dr who ordered a blood test and ultrasound to look for bloodclots. While at the hospital, I asked for Brooklyn's billi results from Thursday. They were 13. I called our ped who asked for another test.... 18....then we were sent to the ER because the felt that test wasn't accurate and wanted a venous draw... 20.3! AH! Brooklyn was admitted. This is our tanning beauty. Her little body would NOT get rid of the billi! Holy cow! It would go down but then the following test it would spike and so on and so on. So, Saturday to Tuesday night she bathed in the blue light.

The kids (and Svend) were not thrilled about the perdicament...no family help... but we had meals brought in and Svend sucked it up pretty good and eventually everyone came to realize how important Brooklyn's treatment was and neccessary. The Easter Bunny had to come to the hospital (luckly the EasterBunny had prepared somewhat...). The hospital also gave the kids each a HUGE basket and the nurses hid some eggs for them to hunt! :) Svend dressed them up for church (when we all go back, I will put them in their real EAster clothes :)


Tally's favorite part about visiting was cable....


After 4 days and a blessing, Brooklyn's skin (and eyes) look so wonderful!!!!

Love our new little girl!!!


And Tabas loves her too.. especially if the other kids hold Brooklyn...she has to get in on the action. otherwise, she could care less...

And this is my favorite. Showing Bergen's true personality when it comes to his baby sisters.


It's been a crazy whirlwind of nearly 2 weeks, but we are so blessed. Brooklyn is a wonderful baby. She sleeps really good at night only eating about every 3 1/2 hours... and goes RIGHT back to sleep (thank goodness)! EAch of the kids are adjusting fairly well in their own way. Lots of little melt downs and tears, but not aimed at the baby.... Tabitha hated me when we got home from the hospital, but now that I've been home for 2 days, she loves me again :)


4 comments:

Butler Family said...

sorry you guys had to go through so much. Glad she is doing better and that you guys are home now. What a beautiful family

Jessica said...

Glad everything is okay. Brooklyn is a little angel, makes me even more excited we are having another little one! Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Wow Jessica. I am soo out of the loop. I didn't even know there was another one on the way let alone you actually had her and had complications. I am so happy to hear she is doing better. That is so scary. I also can't believe how big your kids are. It's not right. They are still just little to me. Then I remember that they are all the same age as my 3 kids. I hope you are doing great. Tell your fam hi from us!

Jeni said...

Those pictures of her in the incubator with the lights just makes me want to cry! I'm so glad everything's back to semi-normal now. She is such a cutie. Can't wait to actually see her in person (and the rest of you guys too, I guess!) ;)