Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Our 1st Snow Day
After a night of howling wind and crashing sounds all around, this is what we woke up to. The view from our front door.
Say CHEESE! Tabitha loves to say cheese now!
Bergen loves sucking on ice and eating snow. He made his way around to the back yard and crawled over the buried table and chairs to grab this tasty treat off our kitchen window.
This is our culdasac hill. It was probably 6 ft tall before the storm...now probably 10ft. The kids loved sledding down it. Some neighbor teens came out and helped Bergen sled down over and over. He had a great time.--oh, and Bergen is standing in our road
This is our front yard. with driveway to the left... about 2 ft at the top of the driveway...
This is our back door--OPEN. The crazy thing is, you actually need to step down about 2 ft to get out...so that shows you how deep it is
I'm not going to lie. It's been a crazy and hard day. It's one thing to have school canceled and quite another to LITERALLY not be able to go anywhere. I spent a total of about 2 hours shoveling the driveway and I doubt I can still get the van out. The kids did good but it gets old after a while. They can't even play with friends.... Tabitha got croup last night and had a fever...that worried me since she'd just gotten over pneumonia and I worried we'd need to go to urgent care and have no way of getting there...but we were blessed and her fever broke late last night and her croup is better. She's still really hoarse sounding but a lot better. School has already been canceled for tomorrow b/c it's supposed to be -30 tonight. I'm assuming it's also because there's no way everyone was able to dig themselves completely out in one day....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW, LOTS OF SNOW!!! Sure looks fun, but what a headache to clear it all to get anywhere in a car... Glad Tabitha was feeling a bit better so you didn't have to worry about taking her to the doc.
We are COLD down here too, but ours only stays a few days....forecast high of 60 this weekend. =D
Post a Comment