Svend was gone for all of November and that was HARD! Just before he got back we had quite the snow storm...the kids all loved sledding.

Just proof that I bundle my kids when it's warrented. Poor kid!

Uncle John and Aunt Diane came to town for a day and we LOVED the company!!! The kids loved having them here--and it was a much needed break from our Svend-less life!

Diane does nails so Tally was in H.E.A.V.E.N! Diane let her paint her nails and then forgot to re-do them for their dinner that night! funny!

The weekend before Christmas we had an ugly sweater party. Sadly, our family was the only ones who actually wore the ugly sweaters--L.O.S.E.R.S!!! haha. just kidding...atleast we had lots of fun making them from the $ store!

I think Bergen won...by far!

Christmas was wonderful! I did NOT however take any pictures. I just enjoyed my kids and Christmas morning--rather than sitting behind a camera trying to capture "moments"...I actually enjoyed them! The kids loved opening all their presents. Tabitha had a hard day b/c she wanted to play with all the other kid's toys and of course they wouldn't let her. :( Tally was pretty mellow throughout the day and I really worried that she was disappointed in her presents. She didn't get the kid car or motorcycle she wanted.... when I asked her if she got everything she wanted and if she was happy with her gifts she responded "well, I didn't get what I really wanted"--my heart dropped..." I really wanted fairy wings that actually fly"--WHAT? Well, I responded "you didn't ask Santa for that...sorry! maybe next year? " haha. We'll see. Here she is coming down the stairs on Christmas morning!

We went to Texas b/c Svend had interviews for residency programs. We all went b/c they were only about 20 minutes from my parents--WAHOO!!! Here's Bergen on Grandpa's new toy...he's going through a midlife crisis--and has been for the last 20 years! haha.

While there we decided to go ahead and celebrate the kid's birthdays. They've never had one with family...so we had the WHOLE crew over!! They LOVED it and LOVED having their cousins all around. Love this picture of Bergen with his "road rash" from falling face first off a cozy coup into the dirt--poor kid...

Tabitha is IN LOVE with writing. this was the only way I could get her to sit in her highchair and eat! crazy kid!

And the birthday cakes.... Bergen requested a fire truck! A little tricky...but it was for a 4 year old so I think it turned out okay!

And Tally wanted an Angel cake (????) Anyways...WAY easier than the firetruck!

mom then surprised me with ANOTHER cake for my birthday! I didn't count the candles...but it could have burned down the house! We had a great time in Texas--loved every minuted. Loved that we could spend so much time with Svend too. Can't wait to go back in March to see my "little" brother!
2 comments:
yay for spending time with family. Boo for having Svend gone so much. Glad you had a great christmas though and that you got to spend it as a family and with your family
and all the cousins LOVED spending time with you guys too! Can't wait 'til you come back!
Post a Comment