Friday, December 10, 2010

OUR YEAR IN A FEW WORDS

Merry Christmas!!! http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/lcjC68IWiS1STk4jrRtZ (just copy and paste)

We rang in the year with birthday's as usual! This year the kids were lucky enough to have Spiderman and Tinkerbell attend their parties! Something that will be remembered for a long time and probably begged for yearly.
In the summer we all left Illinois for 8 weeks. Svend went to Iowa and Denver to do some rotations while the kids and I headed to Texas so we wouldn't be alone!
Back together again in July we began working on a fundraiser for our good friends who's daughter was diagnosed with cancer over the summer. It was a blast getting things put together and I am amazed at the generousity of the community and those in our church. This little girl is surely loved! If you'd like to learn more about what we did, please checkout our blog www.runningforashton.blogspot.com :)
Part of the fundraiser was a 5k. I had really wanted to try my hand at running...so I practiced like crazy. I was so happy that I not only ran the entire thing but did it in 30min (really good for me!). I started training for a triathonlon and got a new bike. However, the week before my triatholon we found out I was 6 weeks pregnant!!!!
Yep! We're having baby #4 in MAY! (only 20 months younger than Tabitha!) Needless to say I did not do the triatholon and will start training again in a year.
In the Fall Tally played soccer while Bergen sat on the sidelines and dreamed. I was her coach and Svend soon joined me as his schedule got less intense. It was a wonderful experience for our entire family!
Svend left for the month of November for another rotation for a month in Rhode Island. The kids and I survived and Svend worked hard and was granted an interview with them.
Before Svend got back, I purchased our first real car...a TOYOTA SIENNA MINIVAN!!! It was time I guess. And...to be honest I've been really jealous of all my friends with 1-2 kids driving around in their minivans while we've been cramming (illigally) into the volvo. Now, our Christmas wish is to sell the Volvo--any takers?
We have enjoyed our time here in Illinois and now it is coming to a close (unless he ends up getting a residency here). Things we are all looking forward to are:
1. Christmas
2. Interviews in January
3. Match day in March (when we find out where we'll be moving to!!!)
4. Baby Bjorn #4 in May
5. SVEND'S GRADATION FROM PODIATRY SCHOOL!!!!! WAY TO GO SVEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle M said...

You guys are so close to Graduation- I'm JEALOUS!!

Butler Family said...

sounds like you guys had a very fun year. Glad this year is over and we can start fresh next year.