Sunday, August 8, 2010

First off, I just have to say how grateful I am that Heavenly Father answers prayers. My brother and Sis-in-law had a fearful moment on Friday with their little boy and even thinking about it makes me want to cry. I had a hard time keeping my composure while hearing of everything eventhough I wasn't aware of it until everything was resolved. I know that Heavenly Father heard the cries of my family and heard the prayers offered in their behalf. He hears and answers prayers.

This was quite the "eventful" weekend for my girls! Friday night while babysitting, Tabitha dislocated her elbow (nursemaid's elbow). Poor kid! I knew instantly something was broken or dislocated b/c of the crying and whimpering. So... I left Svend with all the kids and took her to the er. The Dr walked in, asked what happened (we had picked her up out the swing for goodness sakes!), then smiled. He asked if I'd heard of NME, which I had. Then, said "she'll hate me for about 30 seconds", he felt her arm, smiled again and CRACK! She SCREAMED like I'd never heard before...but after a minute all was good again! She was so happy. He said he loves it when moms come in with babies like this b/c it's such a quick and easy fix. Now, we're just being careful with her--though she doesn't care. It's not sore or bruised or anything!


Tally learned how to ride a 2 wheeler!! WAHOO Tally!!! (Now I just need a video!). Tabitha, started walking!!! WAHOO!! The video is short... but that's b/c like most kids, Tabitha is NOT a performer...so I sat with the camera and this is what I finally got. And...Svend surprised me with a bike! (some hidden money portal...)WAHOO!!! So....I'm doing a triatholon on September 11th! I'm excited but nervous! You can send all the "warm" thoughts you want for me on that day b/c they said the water is pretty chilly and I don't have a wetsuit...should be interesting! :)



Tally loves having "maracas" in her hair. I don't know why she calls them that but it's cute. FHE. I've already written a paragraph about 10 times and my internet keeps going out...so water gun fight. there. :)

1 comment:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Poor Tabitha. I wouldn't have been able to sit there when the doctor popped it back into place!

Tally's friend thinks she is also ready for 2 wheels. I don't know if I am ready for it.

What happened to your nephew?