As much as I hate to admit it, my idea (in the past) of a PERFECT mother's day... is one with out children near me... it's true. Actually, they CAN be near me but no whining or begging...no waking me up at the crack of dawn or all hours of between dusk and dawn... no asking me for things when they can just as easily ask the other adult (their dad).
Today was my first mother's day without Svend. Wierd but wonderful. All those "hates" on mother's day were not hate's today...otherwise I would have had the worst day ever! Dad (And mom) got me a rose and Dad wrote me a sweet note (he also made my bed... SCARY since my room is a MESH of everything we brought in the car... organized chaos!)
1. got a "happy mother's day" text from Svend...
2. woke up REALLY late for church and handed two kids off to my parents who helped get them ready.
3. got to church JUST before Sacrament (and dad wasn't upset about being late... which I thought he would be).
4. Bergen had to follow me everytime I went out of the Chapel... but that just means he loves me.
5. Kids went to class without problem. Tally was a little nervous and had a bit of a sad look (because she L.O.V.E.S. me) but she went anyways--and her teacher was my old babysitter!
6. Tabitha slept through Sunday School (after TALKING all during Sacrament b/c I left her binkie in the car)
7. Tabitha got her THIRD TOOTH!!!! (so the ear rubbing is NOT an ear-infection...HOORAY!)
8. Tabitha was too loud in R.S. so I went in the hall only to catch up with an old friend (her little boy and Tabitha also decided they may be soul mates to meet at a later date in about 20 years...)
9. got home. Kids watched The Other Side of Heaven and I "took a nap" After not sleeping b/c of the many Tally interruptions... Tabitha woke up. I got her back to sleep with nursing in bed. Bergen then came in to cuddle... ended up sleeping VERY CLOSELY with my two babies.
10. Woke up with Bergen's arm around me sweetly and Tabitha snuggled close and realized "This is what is wonderful about being a mom."
11. Ate dinner with parents and John and his family
12. kids all played super well together (AWESOME!)
13. Watched my kids laugh then cry over wrestling, ticklewars, pillowfights, and "spit" fights with grandpa and uncle John
14. Skyped with Svend.
15. Bergen skyped with Svend...and cried for his Daddy.
16. Tabitha skyped and knew it was her daddy playing peek-a-boo
1 7. Tally skyped and acted too grown up for words
18. kids in bed.
19. Tabitha woke up crying
20. Because Tabitha woke up crying, I told the older ones I couldn't lay with them... and they fell asleep on their own for the first time since we've been in Texas.
21. Fed Tabitha (and felt the tooth!), and rubbed her back until she fell back asleep
22. I. LOVE. BEING. A. MOM.
4 comments:
What a wonderful Day you had Jessica!! So glad to hear it was a great day
happy mothers day! It is nice that even without the hubby you still had a wonderful mothers day! The pics are fun, I hope you post more soon :)
You are a lucky girl!!!
It sounds like you had a great day even without the hubby! I love being a mom too! What a tremendous blessing it is!!!
Post a Comment