Monday, January 11, 2010

Things that don't make it on Facebook

So Facebook at first seemed sooo dumb! Now, I'm constantly posting my "status" and seriously, THAT'S dumb! But I like getting advice and I like seeing where my friends are and getting a glimps into their lives. So, I guess...not so dumb. Anyways, despite the fact that I contsantly post my "status" I thought..." there are LOT of things going through my head, but knowing the diversity of my 'friends', problably shouldn't" Here are the ones I remember-enjoy :

Jessica:

  • lost 10 points from her perfect mom score when Svend left Tabitha with me at Old Navy to take Bergen across the street. Unfortunatly, When Svend said "WE are leaving" I thought he meant Tabitha too... luckly, 15 minutes later when he returned, she was still safe, asleep in her carseat parked in the middle of the little girls section! Then came the tears!
  • hopes Tabitha survives Bergen's oblivion to her
  • Wonders whey animal lovers let their dogs ride on their laps... aren't they concerned for their safety? If they really loved their pets like parents love kids, they'd BUCKLE THEM UP TOO
  • thinks smoking and driving should be illegal too
  • If you have to roll down your car window in -10 degrees so you can smoke...you might be addicted!
  • thinks Obama is more a celebrity than a president.
  • thinks if Obama wants to "control" the pay of my husband (future DPM), then he should write off all our student loans since we will never be able to pay them back
  • thinks if Obama wants to control doctor's pay then EVERYONE'S pay should be controlled... there should be a limit on EVERY CAREER! Doesn't sound so enticing anymore does it?
  • wishes I could get more than 2 hours of sleep in a row.
  • realized today I'm not poor. --poorER than most, but definitly NOT POOR!
  • went to a neighborhood get together tonight.... got to teach Tally all about the Word of Wisdom.
  • thinks it's funny how "freaked out" people are about my religion...so freaked out that they have to make and show movies to there congregations about us...
  • thinks if people understood that our religion is less about rules and more about living a Christlike life, they might actually take a look
  • had some members of another faith stop by today...they wanted me to take their pamplet, and I did...then I asked if they'd take something from me... the response was HILARIOUS! "I'll take it, but I'll be honest, I'm so busy helping my community and delivering messages that I won't have time to look at it...b/c I'm so busy telling people to read the bible so they can really find out about God."

And a note about our religion. We are Mormon. Better, we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was thinking about this today and commented to Svend... if you mention you're a "mormon" people instantly go through all the things we don't do...and then their's the temple. We have to be "worthy" to enter our temple b/c no unclean thing can enter the temple of God. We don't have to be perfect...but we do have certain things we DO have to be perfect in--- the Word of Wisdom, tithing, how we treat our families/family relations...no adultry, etc. In our belief, it isn't enough just to say we are Christian and be baptised. In our religion we must live it. There are standards we have to live up to. We have responsibilities in our church. Nothing is forced, only asked. But when we do as our Father in Heaven asks, we are so blessed.

No comments: