Wednesday, October 7, 2009
A night to remember and NOT repeat
For the past 5 days I've had this horrible headache. I knew it was probably sinuses, but it's hard to take much of anything with nursing (erg!). Last night Svend came home and I was freaking out-it hurt so bad. He immediately came in the door, packed the kids up and told me we were heading to the hospital to figure things out (thank you public aid). We got there at 6 and they finally saw me around 8 ( I was the bottom of the totem pole). We all went back and they said that Svend better wait in the waiting room with the kids--but he left Tabitha b/c I knew she'd need to eat soon. I went to the bathroom and when I came back, Tabitha was gone. --and so was my headache b/c now I was bawling asking "Where is my baby!?" and all these nurses just stared at me like "what??" Finally the security guard called Svend for me (I'd checked the waiting room and he wasn't there) and Svend had apparently come back and grabbed her. AHH! So now I was recovering from the bawling and my headache returned full force b/c of the tears...etc. The dr. decided it was a mixture of dehydration/post-partum/ sinus (CT scan showed I was congested)/and my bp was 136/93 (SUPER HIGH). Anyways, so after some IVs of fluids and some bp lowering meds, they gave me some morphine for the pain. It didn't work! so they tried again...and it didn't work! So, they gave me some meds that made me float and feel sleepy. Apparently I just needed some R&R and the hospital was the only place I was going to get it--with all the chaos going on at home :) So today I had to go to my OB so check my bp and see if there was anything else going on since Tabitha was just born last week. My BP was normal and he gave me some antibiotics for my sinuses (THANK YOU!). Svend was GREAT. We didn't leave the hospital until 11:00 last night and he had all three kids the whole time. Tabitha screamed the whole way home--she was starving and I couldn't feed her b/c of the meds--but she gulped down some formula so fast once we were home. Today she's been really cranky--I think the meds must still be in my system a little bit and have been affecting her--not fun! Anyways, glad I got to dose off for a little bit last night even if it did take a hospital trip to do it! And glad I'm on the mend...and SUPER glad for a husband who was just as fed up as me with the headaches and wanted answers and made me go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh man! Sorry Jessica, that sounds horrible! Glad you're on the mend. TRY to take it easy!
UG! Glad you got to rest,now just keep doing it!
Good grief that is just awful! I can't even imagine your horror at coming out of the bathroom and not seeing the baby. I probably would have fallen over dead right then. Holy cow! I hope you're doing better and I REALLY wish we lived closer to you so we could help you out. Get some rest!
Post a Comment