Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nearing the Finish Line

As with anyone who has young kids somewhat close together, we get asked the question "how many do you want?" When Svend and I got married I wanted about 4-6. When we brought Tally home, our answer changed to "we'll take it one at a time." Now with baby #3 on the way, I have to say, I AM DONE! This has for sure been the absolutely hardest pregnancy ever. Not b/c of nausea or tiredness, or the fact that my OB is "special" or b/c of pain...it's the fact that I have 2 young kids at home who need a mom that can bend down and tie shoes, or pick up the child who's just fallen down...or have the patience to deal with a misunderstanding leading to a tantrum. Tally is at a good age. She "gets" it for the most part. She has a hard time accepting that mommy can't run and chase her at the playground, but she understands the end result. Bergen, not so much... and often bawls after yelling "jump mommy jump" and I just watch him do it.
After saying that, a lot of the time I'll hear the phrase..."It's just not worth it." At first I was accepting of this little token of knowledge, but let's be honest...a child isn't WORTH the 9 small months?? Seriously? Do we even Get what we're saying to ourselves? I am soooo excited to have this little girl in our lives--to hold her and love her. She will be a welcomed JOY in our home--and she will have been worth it! So, am I really DONE??? We'll take it one at a time :) Besides, I think Svend and I make some pretty cute babies.
baby tally about 2 weeks old Bergen on his birthdayBergen and mommy tally just after she was born

7 comments:

J D C and N said...

We are excited for your next little one too. :) I hope the delivery and all goes well. Love you guys lots!

Brandon and Emily said...

You do have some pretty cute babies. Can't wait to see the next one.

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Yes, you do make cute kids. I know I have one neighbor who will only talk to us about when #4 is coming. I'm really tempted to respond in a way to totally emabarass him. . . But we'll see. Ever since I had Carlie I have felt very strongly that we'll have at least one more, after that who knows?

JT42 said...

i hear ya-one at a time and then it's between you, svend and the Lord!! you may be done and yet you might not be...we're on #5 and we still have to remind ourselves that we will be done when we know we should be. weird concept, but so true at our house. can't wait to see pictures of the new cutie joining your family!

Sarah said...

Yes, you make cute babies! I am so with you, when we got married, I wanted 6-8 children (cuh-razy) but as soon as we brought Kathryn home, I said the same thing one at a time... and I still say that. I think it will get easier (in some ways) when the kids are in school every day and as they get older, they are more helpful. I can't wait to "meet" her!

-Laura- said...

Can I just copy this post, change the pictures and post it on my blog? You pretty much wrote exactly how I feel about kids too. :)

And yes, you guys make adorable kids!

Jeni said...

You guys definitely make little cuties! I'm sure this new babe will be no different.