7lbs 9oz 9:57pm 9-28-2009
Monday morning I dropped the kids off at Michelle L's house so I could go to a drs. appointment and possibly set up an induction date. As everyone knows I was a little anxious to have this baby :) However, not for reasons really known to many... I was really scared. I have a lot a friends who have had problems with their babies in the last week or so and I was getting really nervous that something might happen to her if she didn't come quickly. When I went in to my appointment I told the dr. that I was getting worried b/c my normal mover and shaker was really calming down. I was also concerned she was getting big, b/c I was measuring a week ahead of schedule. He sent me for an ultrasound and then to L&D for a possible induction. The ultrasound said her weighed about 8 1/2 lbs but the real concern was that my fluid around her was off the charts high. This concerned the dr b/c the fear is that if my water broke at home, I would be more likely to have a prolapsed cord (where the cord falls out) and the baby would not survive...so I was admitted and induction started at 1:00pm right when Svend got there. Around 5:30 the dr came into check me and the baby was still at a -3 and I was barely a 4. He couldn't break my water because she was so high but my contractions were really hurting. Then, as soon as he walked out, my water broke. I was having a lot of back labor b/c she was turned the wrong way so I was moving around alot trying to get her to drop and turn. I got a dose of narcotics that allowed me to quickly fall asleep for the 2 minutes b/t contractions and took the "edge" off a bit...but I'm not going to lie, it hurt like @#$%^&***!! Around 9:00 the dr came in a said he was heading to a c-section and if I wanted an epideral to get one now before the anathesiologist was busy with the c-section. I was a 6 and she was still a -3 so I opted NOT for one at the moment so I could try to turn her. The dr. turned off the pit and I thought everything would stop--that's what happened with Bergen...but it didn't. The dr left and about 10 minutes later I was in so much pain I asked for the epideral. She left to go get things set up, and right after she left the room, I yelled that the baby was coming. She ran back in, told me not to push and checked me. I was at a 10 with the head crowning! She was on the phone with the O.R. to get the dr down fast. I swear about 10 people came running in with the dr....anyways, once the dr. got there I was yelling (I am NOT a yeller, I typically CRY during labor, NOT yell) "I was sooo stupid I didn't get an epideral" and "I can't do this!" Svend was so WONDERFUL! I couldn't have done it without him. My Dr. was also extremely wonderful was well! As she was coming I yelled "I'm GOING TO DIE!" My Dr. kindly responded, "Jessica, you're not going to die, you're doing great" I pushed for I think about 3 minutes and she was out! CRAZY!!!!!!! I didn't get to see her for a while, mainly b/c I wouldn't open my eyes--the narcotics made me sooo drowy...when she cried I knew she was alright. Overall my recovery has been extremely FAST however I have never been so tired after my labors as I was with this one...so I will NEVER opt out of an epideral again! And, now we have a real pattern with the kids that I never noticed before...eventhough all the labors have been different lengths---28, 4, and now 9hrs, once I hit a 6, they all came extremely fast! Also, they have all been born on Mondays (weird!). Tabitha has been a joy so far. She sleeps sooo much and is taking after her brother--eating quickly and alot then sleeping a lot. I've decided that when the nurses constently push you to nurse the baby turns out a bad nurser and you are just frustrated, but if you take it slow and don't constently "practice" when the baby's really not ready, and even give bottles if you have to, that the baby and you will enjoy nursing sooooo much better! Tally was forced on me all the time and she was the worst nurser...so I did the opposite with Bergen and he was great--tried again with Tabitha and so far so good. (there's my motherly advice :) 
The kids are enjoying their baby sister. Bergen's mostly just sad that I "left" him for so long and is slowly getting over that. Tally keeps asking for "mommy, Tally, Tabitha time" and is doing good though a bit whinney..... Svend didn't have to miss much class and my mom and little brother are here helping! --the first time I've had someone waiting for me when I got home! SOOO different and wonderful! Anyways, taking a break from blogging for a while to rest up and enjoy the moments. Thank you all for concerns, prayers and congratulations!
20 comments:
Congrats. What a crazy story! So glad that everything is going ok and we wish you the best.
Hooray and Congrats to you and your family! She's beautiful!
Yeah!!! Congratulations!! Glad to hear mom and baby are doing good! She's BEAUTIFUL!!!
Congrats again!!! She is so beautiful! Glad you both are doing well. And good for you going without an epidural. I think I really would die or maybe just yell and possibly cuss a lot (and I don't cuss.) Anyway, congrats!
Congratulations! Tabitha is so adorable. Glad to hear everything went well.
Congratulations! She is just beautiful (I see a lot of Tally in her?) and I adore her name. Way to go without the epi (even inadvertently) I think I would of been yelling the same things! Good luck adjusting to life with 3! I'm anxious to hear you're advice on how to manage!
she's beautiful! I love the name. get all the rest you can. glad to hear things went well (at least the doctor made it)...enjoy all the help and take what you need to get past the pain, I used to be so against that, but my last one I gave in and I was so much better off. wish I were closer to help...what a cutie she is!!
Congrats!!!! She is adorable and I love that name. WOW labor sounds crazy...natural...you crazy girl. Let me know if you need anyting
Congrats! She is beautiful! And you are wonder woman!!! Amazing jess! However, you saying you wouldn't choose to do it w/o an epidural definitely makes me never want to try! And I totally had those same words out of my mouth "I'm going to die! I can't do this" a million times... and the epi made it all better. Anyway, way to go!
Wow... crazy day. Glad you're both doing well though. Tabitha is such a cute name - she's adorable. Congrats!
Congratulations! Way to go for going without the epidural! I don't think I could do it. I would probably be yelling the same thing, "I'm going to die." I'm glad all is well!
YAY! We are so happy for your little family. She is beautiful! CONGRATS!
She is beautiful and the kids look so happy to finally meet her!! Glad everything turned out ok for the both of you and that you are feeling great now. I KNOW exactly how you feel about the naturaL BIRTH. Unfortunately I didn't even have the chance to have any pain medication but if I ever get the chance again I would totally have an epidural over not having one. Glad you survived and yes it is one of the hardest things I had to do but so WORTH it in the end for sure!!!
Congrats! Sorry you had such a strange labor...but glad you pulled through. :) She's beautiful! Can't wait to see her in person.
I can't believe you did it without an epidural! SUPER MOM!!! Wow - what a crazy story. Glad to finally hear all the details though. She is absolutely beautiful! Congrats!
Tabitha Penelope is a DREAM!! Congratulations! What a TROOPER you are! That sounded really hard and I don't envy your labor one bit, but I do envy your courage and strength! Nice work!
Way to go Jessica! What a cutie! I agree with you about nursing, that's been my experience too. The Rexburg nurses for my first two were literally in the room every 1/2 hour telling me to nurse, and it didn't work either time. Down here I saw a nurse about every three hours and nursed when she woke up-- and she's still nursing at 8 months! Well, enjoy the recovering as much as you can. They grow up too fast!
Congratulations! What a beautiful little baby!
Congratulations! What a beautiful little baby!
Congratulations on your new little babe. She's beautiful and glad it all turned out well in the end. You're so tough!
I can't believe how old your other two children are!
I don't know if you remember us - The Buie's - from the BYU-I 75th ward, but I sometimes look at your blog from the Clews! Anyway, we know Michelle McKay and after talking, realized you guys know each other too because of podiatry school!
Our blog is private, but if you'd like to see it, just send me an e-mail to grbuie@gmail.com.
Post a Comment