Sunday, July 19, 2009

1 week already gone...

I can't believe the kids and I have already been here a week! We've enjoyed spending time with so much family. Tally loves her cousins and the dogs that live with my parents. Bergen also loves the dogs...but more for terrorizing them. We have been swimming nearly every day at the nieghborhood pool to beat the heat and Tally is quite the fish. This is sooo surprising because a month ago she wouldn't even get her face wet. Now she can swim about 15 feet unassisted, go underwater without holding her nose, and will jump off the side of the pool (this one with her life jacket on) to no one catching her. Maybe she'll prove me wrong and really will become a swimmer :) I've also been able to catch up with friends I haven't seen for a very long time and look forward to seeing even more long lost friends this week.

Svend is enjoying himself! He's been playing lots of frisbee golf, working on the yard, working on the car, and cooking all the wonderful meals he loves. I'm glad he gets this "vacation" even though he really is busy with rotations. But this is the first time he's had to himself (I'm next right???). Also, he can do all these things without me wondering when on earth he'll be home or the kids taking over.

Highlights from the week:
Kung Fu Panda with Wendy and the kids
Yard sales!!!
Watching Bergens first experience with water balloons at the ward activity
Uncle Josh and Tally "beating eachother up"
Playing at Maddie and Ryley's house
Finally going to someone about my ear--severely retracted... and taking sudafed...hoping to hear again soon.
Meeting up with old friend Nicole and spending 3 hours with her without kids
Hanging out with just Bruce for about 3 hours!
Uncle Jordan playing hide and seek with the kids--and all of them loving every minute
Watching Bergen, Tally and Grandpa wrestle

2 comments:

Butler Family said...

Sounds like you guys are having a BLAST and I'm glad to hear it. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay there.

Butler Family said...

You know time flies when you are having fun!!! Glad you are enjoying your trip