Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My new baby

We saw the baby last night. What a miracle! The kids came in with us. Tally's been so excited. All week long she's been telling EVERYONE that on Monday they are going to put a light on Mommy's tummy and we'll see the baby. Some don't know what the heck she's talking about while others (like her preschool teachers) congratulate me when I walk through the door. Pretty funny. We just went in to see how far along the baby's size says I am...sadly he/she says I'm a week earlier and my due date is pushed back 3 more days...but I just think the baby's measuring small (a small baby would be wonderful...no more 8lbers). We saw the baby's heart beat which was AMAZING. You'd think after having 2 it would lose some thrill...but it didn't. Afterword the tech printed us a picture and Tally held it and kept pointing to the little gray spot and saying "is THAT the baby?" She was so excited to be holding the baby's first picture...though I think she was a little disappointed she couldn't see hands/feet/etc. She'll have to come again so she can see more.
On a side note, the tech found a cyst on my ovarie which explains the pain I've been having on my right side---a relief and no more personal worries about ecoptic pregancy!
Well if I had a scanner, I'd scan the picture in...but sorry...no such luck--just imagine the tiniest human being the size of your finger tip with a beautiful heart beat.

5 comments:

Wendi said...

Congratulations again! That IS so exciting!

The Clews Crew said...

Congrats! It really is a miracle. It's so cute that Tally's so excited.

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you!

Butler Family said...

Congrats again! It definently never gets old or anything to hear theheartbeat!! Gorodn loves it when we go to my Doctor cause heknows we get to hear the heartbeat and he always says that ishis baby!! It is really cute!! Congrats to you guys!! It will be fun once she can see the baby when it is bigger and everything!! We are getting our mesaruments of the baby soon again (hopefully it has gone up a couple of days like last time) but I am excited for Gordon to see the baby bigger!! It is so much fun being pregnant when your kids are so much involved with the whole thing!!

JT42 said...

congrats! it's so fun to see how excited the kids get with the ultrasounds and then when you start showing, they are even more excited!