Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's like a mission

Since mostly women read this...I really don't know of any men...other than my dad and brothers that "blog" here's the deal. A while ago, we were faced with a decision and decided on the perfect time to have the decision... then as the time got closer, things started happening...more bills, freakouts about doctors, freakouts about me...like not physically being prepared for a new adventure, etc. Finally after much thought and prayer we realized, it's like a mission. When you make the decision to serve a mission (or when there is a missionary in your family), things start getting in the way... tougher decisions, car wrecks, bills, ANYTHING to make you feel like it's not quite the right idea... so that maybe you'll give up and decide you'd rather just have it easy and not serve a mission. Well, this is what seemed to happen when we decided to have a 3rd child... kids were up all night with asthma/allergies, drs were crazy, I was feeling super fat and not ready to add even more weight to my body, Svend's tests were getting closer together and more study time was needed--meaning saying goodbye to him at 6am and hi at 10pm. He even had teachers telling him it wasn't a good idea to have kids. So finally we made the decision that it really was going to be okay and that things really would work out. And once that decision was made, things started calming down...or rather I was more emotionally able to handle them. I got a gym membership (thanks in-laws) and have really been working my "butt" off --literally! Now, we found out we're going to be welcoming a new baby into our home this September and we couldn't be more excited! Tally's super excited for her new baby "sister" to join us---I don't know if I could handle another girl!!! Not that I think I could handle another "destruct-o" either! Oh boy... :) But anyways, we're super excited. Yes, it's VERY early to annouce things... I just ...I don't know...with it being the third, I figure I'm probably going to show a lot sooner, and I'd rather everyone know what's going on instead of just thinking I'm gaining weight! HAHA. And, we'll it's the THIRD... so a little of the "thrill" and "excitement" are gone. But we still couldn't be happier. Just don't expect the little "baby picture" for a while...it needs to actually look like a baby before I post it up there! :)

14 comments:

Butler Family said...

I saw you were pregnant on your facebook and I got really excited. Once again our kids will be really close in age and that will be so much fun. But we are really excited for you!! I will try andgive you a call tomorrow anyways. But CONGRATS!!! That is really exciting and the Lord just knew you could handle 3. I am so happy for you guys. Congrats again

Brandon and Emily said...

Congrats! That is exciting. Remember when we would go and work out after work/vent while watching other people work out? I just joined a gym too and was missing our chats. Wished we lived closer so we could go together again.

Sarah said...

Yay! Congrats! I hope things stay calm for you for awhile! :)

Rachel Holloway said...

CONGRATS!! Really happy for you!

Heidi said...

that's awesome you guys! that's how i felt just wanting a second! :) you've got it together. i'm excited for you. :)

-Laura- said...

I can totally relate. It's such a hard decision when the world is so against it! I'm sure things will work out just great for you guys. :) Congrats again!!!

Jeni said...

Congrats Jessie! We're excited for you guys!

Audrey said...

Hooray! Congrats on baby #3!

DREW and MICHELLE said...

CONGRATS! I am very excited for you guys. You two are great parents and I think you will be able to handle 3. We can't wait! I will let Tally tell Desi the big news!

The Clews Crew said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting.

Emily said...

Oh yea! That is very exciting & I totally loved the whole mission analogy - so true. Anyway, I missed you at kickboxing class, but I understand that kickboxing is probably not the best exercise class for the wee one!!! Congrats again.

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Good for you guys. That will be a fun handful!

JT42 said...

congrats. that's so fun. every kid has there own personality and i have found that #3 is usually pretty mellow (even a "high-maintenance" girl)-you'll do great! you're a great mom and you will accomplish this mission with a job well done!!!

elisa said...

Yeah Jessica! Go Svend!