The kids are "growing up" as we all are, and it's hard. This week we went to the dentist--everyone. Tally, who brushes her teeth so they "can be white" and hardly ever drinks juice or eats candy, has 4 cavities... Bergen...who drinks juice all day and CRAVES "yums" (candy)...and hates getting his teeth brushed... has NONE. Luckly, this time, when we go get Tally's cavities done, we're headed to a place that will put her to sleep... I think this is the best choice for her sensitive ways...i.e. ANXIETY issues when it comes to dentists/doctors.
This week, I stopped carrying Bergen everywhere...or atleast I'm TRYING to stop carrying him everywhere. It's just so easy to pick him up and it makes things go faster...however he's getting to the point where he's HUGE and I actually tripped on my way down the stairs the other day and so THAT WAS IT! NO MORE HOLDING HIM. He's not taking it too well...
Tally made some 4 year old resolutions if you remember...and well, now they are 4 1/2 year old resolutions. She's decided being "nice" is just too much to handle and too frustrating.
Bergen has decided he wants to be potty trained. I did not decide this, nor do I encourage it...however I guess it's better than having him continously stripping off his diaper to sit on the potty. Luckly, Tally has become his moniter and will watch him and hand him the TP and tell me if he's really peed or just pretended too... most of the time...okay ALL of the time it's PRETEND... but oh well...he wants it.
We finally decided on "no TV Sundays"...oh boy! This one is a TOUGH-EE! Holy Cow! I never realized how hard it would be. Tally is not handling it too well...Bergen just takes a nap anyways. I tell Tally the rules and then she repeats them back to me... only HER version. She's having a tough time remembering I'M IN CHARGE.
I'm growing up too... I'm not a fan...with bills and issues with the kid's doctors. But I'm realizing everyone is NOT OUT TO GET ME and that this is just how the world works. Sure, I'd LOVE everything to be free, but then no one would get paid and it would just be a "free for all" and very chaotic... so we have to have pay bills to keep electicity...and we have to "wait our turn" for the neuro-surgeon because there are other kids with more serious problems out there. Growing up is hard, but "we're all in this together" (yes...HSM...) as a family...and we're all growing up together...just at different parts in our lives.
2 comments:
i'm glad you're all in it together! i admire you growing up, somedays i just want to be a kid and have "no rules" and the greatest imagination of how things are :D
it's hard to accept the tough parts of the world. I keep thinking about your experience with bergen and have wondered how it's going, sorry it's not getting better. I just hope they treat you well with #3!!
good luck and have fun "growing up"!
Poor Tally with all those cavities! That stinks! I hope the visit goes well. :)
Post a Comment