Wednesday, December 3, 2008
So Blessed!
A while ago a friend asked me how we did it with Svend and school, 2 kids, and me-a stay at home mom...she had just married and her husband was in his second year of med school and she was working full time but wanted to eventually stay home but was putting off kids until they were secure...and not on loans. Anyways, I told her about gov. help, financial aid, budgeting, and sacrafices. Yesterday I was comparing our budget to how much we actually spent and it DID NOT fit...then today I was looking over our loan paperwork while filling out some apps for a scholorship for Tally's preschool...and realized how much Svend's school is really expecting us to live off of... HOLY COW! I'm not giving figures, but TRUST me...it's LOW! After thinking about my advice for my friend, I reconsidered. Yes, it does have to do with all the above, but the main thing...TITHING AND FAST OFFERINGS! Svend recently started tutoring and I've starting nannying....so now we're giving and it has made all the difference! How can you spend *** out of your budget and "not go out of your budget"??? TITHING! *the over budget stuff was for NEEDS...not wants... I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work that way :) So, we have been blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally know what you mean. I have stopped tracking our budget so closely because somehow it never seems to work out! We should have no money at all by the end of the paycheck, especially after paying tithing and fast offerings, and not only do we have enough for the needs, frequently I have enough for something fun as well. It is amazing.
Post a Comment