Sunday, November 9, 2008

A weekend that ended too soon

Enough about Politics. Thank you everyone for your opinions. It'll be an interesting 4 years. So, this past few days we were so blessed to have my parents come and visit! They were here for only 3 full days, but what fun we had!!! Thursday we checked out a little place called Apple Hollar (by they way...it's ALL free during the week!). There we fed the goats, went through some little kiddie mazes and the kids played in a giant "sand" box filled with corn! Dad had fun trying to convince Bergen to hold the goat food in his hand long enough to feed the goats! Tally LOVED feeding the goats! Grandma and Bergen starting the excited corn maze!

After that we headed to a Wisconsin cheese outlet (more like a convenience store that was full of cheese and Packer stuff). Dad bought lots of WI cheese (enjoy Wendy!). Then we headed to the Jelly Belly factory (Tally's favorite spot) and took that "wonderful" tour for the ump-teenth time. But it was fun and Bergen's starting to enjoy it as well.


Tally had a great time riding with "granpapa" in the train.
And sitting on Papa's lap.
The next day we went to the children's museum and had a blast there. Sorry no pics...my camera was dieing quickly. Darn! That night the kids enjoyed playing and wrestling with granpapa (that's g-ma and g-pa together). Here's Bergen flying high on Daddy's feet. SUPER MAN!

And no "reunion" with my family would be complete without a little bit of singing. Thanks Dad for tuning my guitar! Now I have no more excuses! (well, other than the two little munchkins running around.) Tally loved singing primary songs with Grandpa.
Their last day here we went to the mall and chuck-ee cheese. Afterwards we played hide and go seek in the dark and Tally showed grandpapa her batting skills hitting g-ma with a few balls! She's quite the hitter! And the funniest thing was when dad found a shelf in the garbage and he and Svend lugged it inside for our shoes at the bottom of the stairs--yes, that's the Hopewell way! Thanks Dad for the treasure!

We had such a GREAT time together and it was so nice to have Mom and Dad up here since we won't be seeing any more family from my side until next summer (at least). Thanks again for coming and we look forward to many more fun weekends in the future!



8 comments:

Butler Family said...

Looks like you had a blast. It is always fun when you get to see your family huh? I miss being so far away frommine but those precious times you do see them it makes you so much more grateful for them

Hopewell Family said...

We had a great time and want to come back soon. You guys have a great family

Love Mom and Dad

Butler Family said...

I know WIC is on welfare and we aren't on it! We don't qualify so we haven't been on it since the beginning of June. Love ya too!!

J D C and N said...

Looks like fun. We miss you guys. Did I mention I love that picture of Tally you've got at the top?! How cute!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

okay I'm trying to fix my comments settings so there may be some more blah blah ones.

Butler Family said...

No you didn't offend me I actually thought I offended you and I felt horrible!!! So no you didn't offend me but thanks for telling me anyways. I do appreciate it. How are you guys? I agree and LOVE the picture of Tally on the top. I can't believe how big she is getting

Tyler Fam said...

Where's my cheese????

Jeni said...

Looks like you guys had a fun visit with grandma and grandpa!!! We should come and visit you guys sometime - it looks like there are lots of cool things to do there! : )