Svend had the week of and boy did we have plans... hang a shelf, clean the carpets, get our emission's test done, fix his car...
well, we didn't get to half of it... but we did have a good time together (and with the kids). It was so nice SHARING the responsibility of daily tasks (tally to school/
storytime/cleaning/cooking/grocery shopping...) Really it was just nice to have one adult per kid! What will we do with three?!
AHH!!! (
not an announcement---just perspective)
Monday and Tuesday were just "hang around days" while Svend got absorbed in his long lost friend (video games) and took a vacation from reality... :) We went to the mall with the kids on Tuesday and while there got
interviewed on our feelings about Obama...that was FUN! It was also fun hearing Svend's views about his publicity.
Click here to see the article. He had the interviewer laughing. We were also excited because that day we got a 27inch TV from
freecycle...but it only lasted until Friday...then died! DARN!

Anyways... Then Wednesday while Tally was at school we took Bergen to the mall before it opened to look at the "zoo" (
rainforest cafe animals).
Did you know it's not really Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer?
It's the Red Nosed GIRAFFE! It was fun being with JUST BERGEN and I could tell he enjoyed the attention as well.

Thursday Svend went into Story time with Tally. Glad it was the last one!
The teacher has been getting annoyed with her and her friend for talking to much... (yes, she's my daughter-haha). I asked the teacher if she asks Tally to be quiet and her response was "no, because I don't want to draw attention to her...so I just look at her" SERIOUSLY!? she's three!!! Glad she'll be in the 4 year old class next term... anyways, so I was sick of sitting in with her--so nice of Svend to do it for me! :) Afterward we went to the mall and the kids got pics taken for the newspaper again...
Friday Tally slept in so she missed school (bad mom?) and so we went and saw Santa at the mall instead (can you tell we like the mall?) . That night Svend and I went on a date to .....go Christmas shopping for the kids. I know...lame. So we need another date night to redeem ourselves--however it money is gone so we are done shopping for the kids. BTW... Aren't they cute?

Well, what a week. Loved having Svend home, our house is a disaster and the kids are badly in need of a
routine again... so...here
comes Monday.
5 comments:
yeah! weeks with dad's at home are the best, yes, there is no routine or cleanliness, but it's time that is so deserved by all! glad you could just be together!! enjoy your routine again...
Wow it sounds like you have had a very fun filled week!! That is always nice when they have time off. The kids are so cute!! And what is this about having a 3rd Child??? We miss you guys and hope to get back in touch with you soon:)
Are you announcing something? Or did I miss or forget a previous post?
nope not announcing ANYTHING! Trust me :) I went and changed the post a little! haha.
Big hooray for Daddies!!!!! Glad you guys some time alone - and Christmas shopping totally counts as a date! We do it every year!
Post a Comment