Friday, November 21, 2008

Do I really look THAT old!?

Okay so turning back the clock to 5 1/2 years ago, we're at a baby blessing and someone asks my sis-in-law if Svend is married? She can't believe it, because she thought he was 16 (he was 22 and I was 21) and that he was just "sweet" on an older girl... gee thanks. Then, last weekend we decided to treat the kids (and ourselves) some well deserved Ruby Tuesdays. When we were about to leave, I was talking to Tally and getting her coat on and the woman behind me says "your kids are so cute". Thanks. Then she turns to Svend and asks "and are you the older brother?" WHAT THE....?! So am I the mom of Tally, Bergen, and SVEND? Okay, thanks lady.

I guess on the flip side of things, I had a drs appointment yesterday and the PA kept calling me "kiddo" So... where the heck's the balance. I think I'll go with "kiddo" over "svend's mom" any day!

5 comments:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

NOOOOO!!! You do not look that old! Holy! Good grief. I think it their eyes are not connecting with their brains and mouth.

Good grief!

Rachel said...

Ha Ha Ha! That makes me laugh! It seems like with every kid you have people add 5 years to your age. But trust me....you don't look old!

J D C and N said...

Okay that was really just too hilarious! haha You're like 50 or something, right?! Of course you don't look old...and that lady at Ruby Tuesday- wow. LOL

Butler Family said...

No way do you look that old. If I didn't know your age already I would have said you were like my age around 22-23. That is crazy though!! I can't believe someone would say that to you

Jeni said...

Holy cow - those people must be blind!!!! Svend does look young but that's because he is and so are you!!