Thursday, August 14, 2008

A first time for EVERTHING!

Last night was Tally's first (and hopefully last) bee sting! OUCH!!! We were on the porch and we're about to go inside when I saw the culprit trying to get in as well... I hurried the kids through the door while watching the booger...but apparently when I turned for a second to hurry Bergen along, it got Tally on the bottom of her big toe! I have NEVER heard a scream like the one pouring out of her mouth in my whole life! Poor kid. Just so you know, 3 year olds do not care if you're trying to treat the pain, they just know it hurts and think that holding it will make it eventually go away. We had to force feed her tylenol and put benodryl in her juice! I held ice on it for a total of about 10 seconds and then that was it... we just had to comfort her until she fell asleep (good thing it was bed time anyways:)
So what we learned... if your 3-year old gets a bee sting:
1. hold them tight!
2. hide the medicine in their juice
3. when they're not looking rub neosporin+pain on it! and then show them your clean hands and say " I didn't have anything on my hands!"
4. rub their back until they fall asleep.

2 comments:

Butler Family said...

Awwww.. Poor tally. I hope that she feels better soon. Yeah we LOVE that Zoo too. Your are right it is small but Gordon had a BLAST!! Plus we went on a day when it was like 70 degrees so it was beautiful. So yeah we loved it!! We will have to go with you guys one time. We have ben going to Raccine alot lately. My engagement ring is getting fixed up there so we have been traveling up there to get it and then of course go to the Zoo which was awesome!

J D C and N said...

Oh poor little thing! Is she doing okay? I hope it's all better now. :) By the way, those baby pictures are super cute.