Too Fat? A Gossip Queen? On the Go All the Time??? Have I got the cure for you! Just find someone who has Hand Foot and Mouth Disease and you'll be cured from these "ailments" in no time! Why? Because you're mouth will be too sore to talk or eat --so no more gossiping, or eating too much, and you'll finally feel the need to lounge around without a care in the world!
Unwanted side effects include: painful sores on hands, feet and in the mouth, lock jaw, fever, sore arms and legs, loss of appetite, and a healthy dose of moodiness.
Yep, we've got it over here...the kids anyways. Luckly (crossing our fingers) it only attacks kids under 10...so we should be immune. However, it's contagious for nearly a week...so we're officially quarentined from other kids--fun for us! However, I would never wish this on any kids or their parents so we'll steer clear! Luckly we've got my in-laws coming in to town tomorrow so maybe that'll help with some of the moodiness and feelings of being stuck in.
When I took the kids to the doctor this morning he said we were one in whole slew of cases he'd seen in the past 3 weeks! WOW! I'd never even heard of this "disease" before!
This picture is of Tally with the cinnamon swirl bread she made...never got to taste it because as you can see from her smile, her mouth was beginning to hurt. (oh, she's in her bathing suit because it was just before we went on the boat...now we understand why they were both so grumpy...)

7 comments:
Adults can get it too, my wife actually had it in March!
http://trumanandcrystal.blogspot.com/2008/03/hoof-and-mouth-disease.html
I second the adult thing. Liala and I had it at the same time! I thought I was becoming a leper!
luke just got over it a few weeks ago. he only had the mouth sores... 'only'. but it went away with prescribed icecream and yogurt. ;) good luck!
his doc actually said it could still be contageous for 3 wks... but he had been up all night treating patients too. ;)
Yeah, I'm sooo glad adults can get it. However, it's not hoof and mouth disease. HFMD is totally different... from that... anyways hopefully Svend and I will survive withOUT getting it! Poor Bergen has got the full blown case right now. YUCK!
And it's contagious until all bumps are gone... so yeah, if Luke still had bumps, he was contagious... depending on how long they last! UGH!
Oh my heck!! That is really crazy!! Like how long do they have it in their systems before you actually see the signs of them having it? That is crazy and if you need anything then let us know!! I will help you out:)
Okay, TJay...I'm a retard. I looked at your blog...after writing my comment. Your wife did have HFMD not hoof and mouth! haha. ooops!
Oh man! That does not sound like fun! mike's brother got his when he was little, I guess he went around NYC licking everything...yuck! I hope your kidos start to feel better soon!
Post a Comment