The Shy One: I'd rather stay close to the shore where I can stand. I don't like water on my face. I stay behind Mommy and Daddy if people get too close. I am timid and have to watch all the other kids do something before I'll even think about trying... and then I probably won't do it anyways.
Who's who???
Friday: Ran errands...fun! Then, went swimming at this little lake near our aparment. SO FUN! Tally stayed where she could touch and Bergen dove in over and over. At one point he went too deep and by the time I grabbed him (about 2 seconds), he had almost swam his way to the surface. Can you say....SWIMMER??? WAHOO!!! Tally prefers land! That night was date night so Svend and I went and got massages at the mall. It was a little odd tuning out the people walking by, but it felt good!
Saturday was Gurnee Days --kind of like a founder's day celebration. We went and explored the fire station and all the trucks.
We went through exhibits (with all the free stuff)--so don't worry Dad, we got your Christmas present-hehe! Then we ate ribs! They even gave Svend their "secret" recipe! YUM! Then, they had fair rides for the kids-FUN! Bergen wanted to do EVERYTHING and Tally actually did too. Notice below Bergen's in the roller coaster with Tally in one pic but not the next. During the first time around, their buckle came undone and Bergen stood up. The guy stopped to fix it, and it was enough for me to take Bergen out--yes, parinoid mom--I know! 
1 comment:
Looks like a jam-packed weekend! How fun to have Daddy all to yourselves for a few days! Is he back at school today? I'll have to check out the American Girl movie too. I bet Maddie would love it.
Yay for preschool!!!! I'm soooo excited for you!
Post a Comment