Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Want to get rid of PE in elementary school?

Think Again. Even Richard Simmons had something to say. Click HERE to see. Most schools are getting rid of recess...or giving the kids 30 min for both lunch and recess. Meanwhile, there are kids getting "hyper" and so drugs are recommended as they must have "ADHD". Why can't the "brains" in schools figure this one out? Anyways, it's frustrated me for a while and I LOVE that Richard Simmons is getting involved in it. Maybe we can too...just not sure what'll get through to the "brains" trying to "make" our kids smarter by limiting activites.

**disclaimer...yes, I do believe ADD And ADHD are REAL...just extremely over diagnosed!

1 comment:

Butler Family said...

I agree with you. I think alot of people just assume because they can't get their energy out somewhere like outside for recess that they have problems and need to be put on drugs for no reason! I am willing to help anyway I can. I know it will benefit the kids in th elong run to keep that 30 minutes to themselves to let them do whatever they want:) Love your new page too