Monday, May 12, 2008

The Magician:
Saturday night as I put Bergen to bed, horror struck as we realized there were no binkies around! I sang him his song, gave him his sippy and laid him in bed saying to him "well, I guess tonight is a good time to say goodbye to the binkie." Surprisingly, he did okay. He whined for about 1 1/2 hours, but no screams and finally fell asleep (we're getting good at the "ignoring" thing). The next day, Sunday, no binkie. Did great, even started making some sounds (which is better than the current--"ahhh" everytime he wants something). Dinner time: We're all eating, the kids are obviously tired and cranky. Bergen has been quiet for a little while when I notice...HIS BINKIE! It's in his mouth. He pulled it out of nowhere! I think "well, I guess we're not done with the binkie." As the night goes on and the kids get out of the bath and into pjs, I notice the binkie in his mouth HAS CHANGED! It's a "new" one! Okay, seriously? Where do they come from? Saturday they were no where to be found...and Sunday, he's got two of them! Interesting since last week, I lost one at church--even retraced my steps, dug through the diaper bag, church bag, and the car but to no avail. It was "gone" until Monday morning when out comes Bergen with it nicely "plugging" his mouth. So, we've decided, he's a magician--even if it is only when it comes to binkies--he's magic!

5 comments:

Jeni said...

Too funny!!!

JT42 said...

quite the talented little guy (he must have remembered where he hid them ;))

Rachel Holloway said...

It's true! The kids drag up things I thought were LONG gone!! But when it comes to finding something simple, like their SHOES, they're just forever gone! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that kids are magicians because godon loses like our wii remotes all the time and like that same day you go and ask for it and he brings it to you after you look everywhere!! Gosh how do you have the patience to let him cry for that long. I give you so much credit!!

Jenni said...

That always happened to me with Payton. I just gave up looking because I knew he would eventually find them. I like you new blog layout too. Very fun!