Thursday, April 24, 2008

Taking a break from Memory Lane for...

THE DENTIST!!!
Today was Tally's first dentist appointment! It's a little scary being on gov. aid because you just don't know what you're going to get...especially when the dentist is located in the "less-than-desirable" part of town. So...we get there and Svend meets us to watch Bergen and who does Tally want to take back with her...SVEND! So he takes her and she's so excited to see the "tooth doctor" from Elmo's world. Actually, the funny thing about living in a culturally diverse place is that the "tooth doctor" was indian just like the one on Elmo!

So...Bergen and I wait...and well...listen to the screams of poor Tally. Bergen was so tuned in to her voice--he just sat straight up and watched the door. After about 10 min, here she comes smiling and happy holding a new smiley face toothbrush and sporting some big Dora stickers! Bergen was VERY jealous and so an aid brought him some stickers so he could enjoy demolishing (and eating) them.

Svend sits down and tells me that Tally has 2 cavities! And...they can do them right now! So...why delay things right? I promised Tally two toys (the $ store was next door--good planning!) if she was good. After waiting about 20 minutes, it was her turn again...she chose...SVEND! Anyways, they didn't even numb her because supposedly they weren't very big or deep...but I HEARD THE SCREAMS!!!! The whole thing took about 5 min and then her she comes smiling with 2 new stickers. I ask her how she is and she says " LOOK! I got stars in my mouth!" Way to go Dentist!

So...after the toys were bought and we're on our way home, I tell her what a great job she did at the dentist. She informs me that she didn't do a good job because she wasn't happy (cute!) . I told her it was okay. When we got home she got to call grandma and tell her all about the stars in her mouth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS SO CUTE:)

Rachel Holloway said...

WOW! 2 cavities?!? BUMMER DEAL!

So, are they stars AFTER they're filled or BEFORE they're filled?? :)

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

after. I was a little disappointed to see SILVER in my little girls mouth...but it's the VERY back teeth so I guess it's okay

JT42 said...

wow! first time at the dentist...and then two cavities!?!! darn it. i love the honesty of children :) too cute.