Thursday, January 10, 2008
Trauma and fun
Vaccum cleaners ARE DANGEROUS!!!! Okay, so Bergen has recieved his first WOUND. Tally's was at about the same age when she fell in the parkinglot and scraped her knee. Bergen's was a little big worse than that! So I was vacumming and had the hose out trying to clean in the corners. As I was reaching under a table, the vacuum cleaner tipped onto it's side with the bottom up. I didn't think anything of it, and kept on reaching. Bergen however was interested and I didn't see him crawl over to investigate. Apparently, the wheels STILL TURN even if the hose is plugged in! NOT SOMETHING I'VE EVER THOUGHT ABOUT! So...bad "mom-moment" as I heard Bergen crying and just thought he was cranky or something...and yes, I kept on vacuuming! ERG. So then he starts SCREAMING. I get up and see his hand is IN the vacuum!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH-FREAK OUT MOMENT! So, I pull it out and run him to the kitchen to see what it looks like. All I could see was that there was NO blood a LOT of white. So, I called Svend (bawling) and tried to explain what happened and what I saw. He came right home. Anyways, it wasn't as bad -well, it really is bad but NOT as bad as I thought (I thought I was looking at ligaments or something! Anyways, what it basically is, is a 2nd degree burn. A "chunk" was rubbed off by the spinning wheels! It looks "better" in this picture than it did when it happened. Poor guy. He's okay with it now...unless something hits it--which is inevitable when you're 1! So yeah, VACUUMS can be dangerous--especially when you have kids who are NOT afraid of them!
And this video is just for fun...Tally's FAVORITE game we play over and over and over and over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh no! Poor guy! I have a friend who's son that happened to as well, but worse. It took almost all of the skin off of his palm -fingers too. When it healed the scar tissue was so thick he couldn't open his hand and he's had to have a couple of surgeries since then to help him be able to open his hand. It's a good thing my kids are terrified of the vacuum or else I don't think I'd do it as much as I do! I hope the little guy is o.k. Maybe he'll be really afraid of the vacuum now too! It's good to know that the wheels keep moving even when you're using the hose. I thought they stopped too!
aaah, so that's the whole story! well, it doesn't look like it stopped him from playing a duet in relief society!! thanks goodness kids bounce back quick. :)
Hey Jesse? How is Podiatry school going for your hubby? How are things for you? I came across your blog through Hanah Gavins'. I've started a blog too. It looks like you are keeping busy and having fun with your kids. =)
Post a Comment