So, wierdest thing...my mom came into town this week (yea!!!) which was PLANNED for a few weeks now, but then, John ended up buying a new cleaning van in Chicago...so HE'S IN TOWN TOO!!! I feel like the luckiest person ever!!! (well, since Bergen's blessing when family came to see me there too!). Anyways, WE'VE BEEN VISITED!!!! So...John just got in today and we spent most of the morning (okay, ALL morning) in Chicago (and not the Oprah nice part but the "uh...is my car locked and is my cellphone ready for 911?" part) getting John and then the car. Mom watched the kids-thank goodness that' worked out! Then, we got back to Gurnee and went to the Jelly Belly factory. Then, we went to Krolls farm to see the animals and take some pics. Anyways, not too exciting Diane...so don't worry :) But in the pics, John tries to make it all look EXTRA exciting!
Grandma and Tally hiding out
Okay, so something funny having John here...The lady at the Jelly Belly Factory kept asking he and I if we wanted a picuture with "the kids"..ewwe! Then, we went to the grocery store tonight to get some thing for Svend to drink while he studies and something for Diane and as we were paying for our stuff, John said something like "I have to get that for Diane so she knows I love her and pay her back since I'm having fun."or something like that...then I dumbly made a comment like "yeah, Svend'll be happy I'm bringing him his drink" Anyways, the lady at the counter took this very much the wrong way and was pretty rude to us!!! Haha.. Anyways, I thought we looked more like Brother and Sister than these people were giving us credit! It was pretty funny laughing about their thoughts. Anyways thought I'd share the "dangers" of traveling with a sibling alone when you're married and have a ring on your finger.
4 comments:
yea! visitors are always fun no matter where you live! that's too funny about you and your bro. looks like you had some fun at the Jelly Belly factory, neat pics.
Sounds like a lot of fun - but not for Diane! I can see people thinking you and John are a couple - you don't look anything alike to me! It probably would have helped if you hadn't been holding his hand the whole time! Gross.
How funny! I went to the hardware store with my father-in-law once and I really think the guy who helped us thought he had robbed the cradle. Honestly....
Glad you are having fun and visits!
looks like you guys had fun! I know what you mean about the brother thing. I took a mission prep class with my brother in college & everyone totally thought we were "together" - so gross. I'm sure it was nice to have someone else the kids could play with too!
Post a Comment