Sunday, September 16, 2007

Would you put your boy in Pink?

Okay, so the other night, I was getting the kids ready for bed and it was rather chilly inside. So, I pulled out winter-type pjs. However, I couldn't find Bergen's on hand, so I grabbed some purple ones to put on him. Svend was VERY wierded out by it and said "no, you DO NOT put boys in Purple!" And then he apologized to Bergen for his mom being so wierd. So then, we were out on a date Friday night and we saw this little boy (probably about 4 or 5) wearing some hand-me-down Crocs, in Pink. I commented to Svend that I'd never do that atleast. He said "you better believe it, that's just mean." Last scenario...a few months ago, I was talking to a woman who had a 7yr old daughter and a 2yr old boy. She said that she puts the little boy in princess/pink/purple pjs from her daughter because no one sees them and why go out and buy boy pjs when she has perfectly good ones that just happen to be for girls...? So, here's my question...WOULD YOU PUT YOUR BOY IN PINK????



5 comments:

Heidi said...

Like we talked about in church, no-ho-ho. :) Dave wouldn't allow it and I don't want Luke getting comfortable with girlie colors. Although they do say only a real man can wear pink...

Amanda said...

Hey, I would. Katsu's favorite color is/was pink. He definately wore pink when we were dating and he wears a pink tie most of the time, now. Then, again, maybe because he is a real man!

Jenni said...

You know Mark and his opinion on this! Paytn isn't even aloud to wear red pants! RED!!! I understand the logic of dressing kids in not seen pink pj's but I wouldn't get away with it! But I am always okay with going shopping for some super manly jammies any day! Maybe I'll try this someday if I need a shopping trip excuse! Good question Jess!

-Laura- said...

Sorry, no pink on our little boy. I think some dress shirts are alright that are pink and even ties that have a little pink in them, but definitely no girly stuff. Daddy especially says no way! However, Spencer was walking around earlier today with one of Janelle's dress up necklaces. I tried to take it off of him because I didn't want it to choke him and he got so mad! So I let him keep it on while I was in the room with him. Little brothers don't stand a chance leading a completely masculine life with big sisters around. :)

Jeni said...

I don't think I could bring myself to put Maddie's old pajamas on one of my boys, but Barbie dress-up clothes . . . well, that's completely different!