Thursday, September 27, 2007

What's mine is....well, mine!

Okay, so we all know a two year old's, well, any kid's, favorite word... MINE!!!! I was thinking yesterday while talking to my visiting teachers about what it must really mean for a kid to share their toys. If you think about it, toys to kids are like well, cars or clothes to adults. Would we want someone coming in to our home and saying, "you need to share" and so they walk into our closet and begin trying on all of our clothes? AH! I'd freak out! Anyways, much like Tally does when her friends come over and instantly take her toys to play with. When you look at it like that, it's really not that bad I guess--though we still need to teach the sharing principle. ANYWAYS.... so today, and lately, I've noticed that Tally has been in need of some personal space. She really doesn't have anything that's just hers because Bergen's always trying to get it. So, we made her a personal space in her room (a little difficult since there's really not THAT much space!). Here are the pics.
Bergen trying to figure our a way into Tally's space
Finally a way in...well, kind of!
My poor little outcast...seams to be handing it well,
Tally satified with her space...Bergen not so sure this is going to work.






2 comments:

Tyler Fam said...

Personal space? What's that? We don't even have a lock on our bedroom door!!!

Emily said...

It is interesting to look at it from that perspective!!! You are always good at thinking through these situations. I'm impressed.