On Monday afternoon at 2:16pm we welcomed the newest Bjorn. Bergen Nils Bjorn is so beautiful! He is the best baby I could have asked for and so patient with me as I try to help Tally even when he's hungry. He is truly a blessing! So, the story.... Sunday night I was having some pretty regular contractions and as soon as they hit 5 min, I went to the hospital (I did not want to wait and have them go away like they had been doing all weekend). Anyways, of course we got sent home, but because we went, they found that they had ONE spot for an inducement on Monday morning!!! HOORAY!!! And when they called my doctor, he said that I was really wanting to have the baby so to sign me up. So, Monday morning we went up to the hospital around 7:30 and I was already contracting of course (and had been all night long!!!)...but they were only about 6 min apart. My doctor came in at about 10 and broke my water but wanted to wait on the pitocin...good thing!!! Within the hour I was at a 6! So, I decided it was time to get the epideral which then the doctor said to turn on the "pit" and so I'm glad I didn't feel those contractions. I fell asleep for about two hours and woke up to INCREDIBLE PAIN! My epideral decided to not work on my left side. I was, well, you can imagine. Anyways, Svend kept asking if I wanted him to call the nurse, but I just thought I was supposed to be feeling it. After about 1/2 an hour, the nurse came in and was incredibly shocked at what I was doing--thrashing around and bawling. I told her I just wanted to push, so she checked me and said, "uh, yeah, you're at a 10 and the baby's right there!" She turned down the pitocin and I started pushing. Within about 10 minutes everything was set up and the doctor was all ready. I remember laughing about something and they said maybe I could laugh the baby out...but that's all I remember. Then, the baby came! It was so fast I just sat there in shock when they laid him on my lap (Tally's labor was 28 hours from water breaking to birth!). When they took the baby to clean him up, my doctor and nurse just laughed at me because I guess I was just staring in shock. I was elated. I called everyone (well, parents) and told them how great I was feeling and how it wasn't that horrible. After an hour however I guess I started bleeding really badly. Apparently I had everyone worried, but I just remember laying down with oxygen and feeling like I was floating (like I was on laughing gas). Apperently that worried the nurse more...but I just thought it was wierd. After about 2 hours, they had to come in and give me a huge shot to help me clot. Then, finally I stopped all the bleeding. When they thought I was able to get up and maybe take a shower, the nurse came in and when I stood, my leg (the one the epideral HAD worked on) calapsed under me...so I didn't get my shower until later the next day. Anyways, it was all pretty dramatic, but happened so fast. I can't believe it's already day 6. So yeah, there's the story. Hopefully next time my epideral works on BOTH sides of my body and I wouldn't mind the baby coming that fast again (it did help him to have a perfectly shaped head!). :) Well, enjoy the pictures-thanks for all the wellwishes!
8 comments:
Congrats!!! He is adorable! Glad that things happened so quickly for you and that you and Bergen are doing well. I've been checking your blog everyday to see if he'd come yet!!!
Congratulations! I'm glad it went so fast for you! He's a cutie and I can't wait to see more pictures. I'll be checking back.
Congrats! He is so cute. I am glad to hear that everything went well and so fast. So how big was Bergen?
Cute pictures! I'm glad it went so well! And I hope he keeps being a good baby for you! congrats again!
He is so adorable Jess! I am glad he is a good baby! That totally sucks about your epi not working on both sides. Hope you are adjusting to life with 2 kids well - I know you are!
So cute! I'm glad it went so fast for you. You'll have to keep us updated. Tally looks cute with him.
Congrats! I heard the news awhile ago, but was waiting for some pictures (and the whole story) from you. What a cute little guy! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Keep the pictures coming!
They are both so adorable Jess, Congratulations! Too bad about that epidural! You're so tough! Melissa (Mills) Hancock
Post a Comment